April 1st, 2017
April was a packed month with tons of serving opportunities in West Houston! We:
- Made Easter treat bags for the kids at the East Spring Branch Food Pantry
- Assembled care packages for kids with cancer enduring chemo
- Put together weekend food bags for the kids at low income elementary schools
- Made lunches for the homeless
- Cheered up some senior citizens with a music class in their retirement home
At most of the events last month, I told the story of The Good Samaritan (sometimes using Power Rangers as props!). We talked about how the good helper had every reason to not stop and give his time and energy on a dangerous road. The children heard how it's not always fun or the easiest thing to stop and help, but we should always be looking for ways to share God's love with others.